Welcome to your Training Guide!!
Your training guide has been broken down into Five Phases. We recommend that you complete one phase before moving on to the next.
Below you will find a specific set of Training Videos and Articles that we have categorized to help you, as a new user, become comfortable with the software. This article is designed to keep you moving on the right track to ensure training is performed accurately and efficiently.
Support offers hundreds of additional articles that are available at your fingertips by going to the Admin section of your software and selecting the Support Center button. If you are unsure where a specific article/video may be located, use the search bar provided to type in a keyword.
While you are going through your training, we also encourage you to check out the "What's New" area of your Toolbar as it will allow you to connect with the Private Facebook group for announcements, assistance, and a great community of power users also eager to provide a helping hand.
Lastly, Support is always available for any questions you may have. You can reach a live support rep during the hours of 8am-6pm Central Time M-F by accessing the Support Portal Button in your Toolbar and selecting the CHAT button to the bottom right of the screen. You can also reach support by email: email@example.com and by phone/text: 909-378-9514 Fax: (858) 345-3920.
Providers: There is a section just for you (PHASE III). Support suggests that after you have completed PHASE I (Verifying data entered in by support) you create your MACROS before moving on to anything else as that is what you will use daily to treat your patients. The full training must be completed if you do not have staff that will take on the other phases of training.
Lastly, there are 3 attachments at the bottom of this article
- Provider Check List
- Staff Check List
- Patient Check List
Phase I Admin: Database Walk-through
Please take the time to watch this short 20 min Video walking you through all areas data was inputted in your software.
All Articles here correlate with the video seen above.
- Adding Users- Please add any additional users that still need access to the software.
- Adding your Clinic- Please look over to confirm all info is spelled and inputted correctly
- Creating Reasons for Visits- Please follow steps to add reasons of visits not entered into the software
- Customizing your List Manager- Please follow steps to ensure all areas are displaying the correct information.
- Entering your Billing Entities- If billing Insurance Payers in your clinic, please confirm that all necessary info has been added and in the correct location.
- Adding Providers- Please add any additional providers that may need to be entered. Make sure any new or existing provider has their schedule inputted, correct billing entity tied to the provider, correct ROV's selected etc.
- How to create ICD Code buttons- Please take a look and make sure all ICDs used in the clinic were entered.
- How to create CPT Code buttons- Please confirm all CPT codes have been added to your users button structures.
- Creating your Price List- Please confirm all CPT codes used in the office are added to your price list, CPT codes have the correct modifiers attached, selected to print on a CMS 1500 form (HCFA), sales tax selected etc.
Additional Areas of Admin that will require set up not performed by support:
Not Required to go live but, aids in practice function.
- Entering Referral Sources- This allows you to create additional Referral Sources not generated by your funnels.
- Creating your Documentation Templates- Templates created to allow you to attach images to appear as letterhead, pull soap notes and other patient data into a letter.
- Resource Booking- Allows you to customize your appointment book for a certain number of appointments to be scheduled during a time frame. This works with the New Online Scheduling Feature.
Phase II Patient File: Staff
The Patient file area is where you house all patient-specific information. If you have provided a csv file to support for upload, you are still required to walk through the training below.
- Adding a New Patient, full walk-through and check list
- Understanding the patient flow in CoAction
- Understanding a Patient's Ledger
- Applying a Write-Off
- Balance Forward
- Posting a Patient Payment
- Credit Forward
- Printing A Receipt For A Patient Payment
- How To Enter A New Care Plan To A Patients Case
- Add, Edit or Delete a File within a Patient File
Setting up the Appointment Screen
Phase III Providers: A Must for Providers
- Google Calendar Sync
- Provider Signature
- Provider Dashboard
- Customize Macro SOAP Notes
- Patient Appointment Screen Setup
- Visit Quick List
- Visit Trackers
Phase IV Billing (Billers)
- Understanding the Journey of a CPT Code
- Managing Payer Settings
- Entering Fee Schedules
- How to add insurance within a patients file
- Create HCFAs
- Search HCFAs
- Post New EOB
- In- Process EOBs
- Completed EOBs
Self Pay Clinics:
Below, you will find a list of the most used reports. To access training info on our additional reports, please click HERE.
- Day Sheet
- AR Report (Accounts Receivable)
- Generated Income
- Collections Income
- Billing Provider Case Report
- Referral Source Report
- Patient List Report
Phase V Marketing:
Go Live Call: This must be scheduled with Support before Go Live Date.
Here is a sample of things that will be discussed:
- Can your clinic schedule patients without a hitch?
- Can the provider use his/her Macro Notes comfortably?
- Can the clinic process payments with ease of use and was integrated merchant set up?
- Were test claims sent to clearing house and mapped?
- Was self check in set up and ran through?
- Was at-least one Kfunnel created?
- Was roll play event performed within the clinic?
Live Training Schedule:
Support encourages ALL clinics to schedule One-on-One training time with Support when EACH phase is completed. This provides support the opportunity to get your questions answered and go over any areas the clinic/provider may be struggling to understand. After each phase of training is completed, click HERE to get on our Schedule Or preemptively schedule yourself for 3 tentative training times with these milestones in mind:
- First Appt should have Phase II Patient Files complete. (All Staff)
- Second Appt should have Phase III Providers completed (Providers)
- Third Appt is when Phase IV Billing should be completed. (Billers)
Please contact support if you have any questions!
We hope you enjoy your training!!