**When a clinic would like to change the price of a code/charge on their Price List, utilizing the update price list button is crucial. When you hit the "update price list" button, it will duplicate all of your codes and give the new codes a start date of today and puts a stop date of yesterday on the old codes. You will not want to delete any of the duplicates as the system will not allow for them to be added in appointments if they are deleted (since there's a stop date on them). It has to be done by following the steps below because if there are EOBs put in your system, then they are attached to charges with prices from this old charges, and changing the prices without the 'updating fee schedule' button could break your system.**
For the new duplicated charges that you do not want to make changes to, you can leave them alone. For ones you may need to remove or change the price on, you can do so on the new duplicate charges (with start date of today) without affecting past dates of service and CPT codes added to those appointments.
To update your Price List you will need
to follow these steps:
**PLEASE NOTE - Effective Date (start date for the new duplicate codes) cannot be set in the past. If you enter the new prices you can select any date from present to future (but not past dates).
Your Price List houses the amounts your office charges for services rendered, supplements and/or products offered. If you are needing to update Insurance Payer allowed amounts, you will need to go to Admin>Fee Schedules.
1. You will go to Administration, Price List
2. Select "Update Price List". A window will generate asking you to select a start date. The date generated will be Today's date. (you can select a date in the future but, not a date in the past)
(This will reproduce all charges inside the price list to start from today's date. All previous charge amounts will be displayed still on the old duplicates. If the amount of a charge stays the same, you will not need to modify it.)
3. You will now change any CPT amounts that needs to be changed, on the new duplicates.
* NOTE: If you selected a date in the future:
- You will not see your duplicate CPT codes generated because you selected a date in the future.
- To see the NEW Price List - please go to the top of the screen and un-check the box next to the Effective date calendar to display all dates.
4. Then Select "Save" at the bottom of the page
* You will have to change all "Start Dates" on new charges and "Stop Dates" if you are updating the price list "after" the amounts changed as CoAction will automatically generate today's date for the start date and yesterdays date for the stop date. There is no way to select a date in the past. That is why it is suggested that this action take place the day you would like changes to be made (or a future date) as it will cut down the amount of work an office will have to perform.
- Support Information -
If you have any questions or need assistance with this process please contact
Live chat: Click the 'Support Portal' button in your main toolbar (on left-hand side) within Katana, click the green 'Support' box in bottom right of screen.***This has the fastest response time***
Business hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-6:00pm CST