The Non Patient area is a place holder for information for someone who is not a patient.
This is especially useful for if you have a patient who is covered by insurance, but the primary policy holder is not a patient of yours. In this case you would want to create a Non Patient for the primary policy holder and add in their insurance info. Then you would be able to create an insurance policy for your patient and link them to that Non Patient's insurance info.
A Non Patient cannot be converted to a Patient file. So if they decided to start care you would need to create a new Patient file for them.
To create a Non Patient file and add in an insurance policy please follow these steps:
- Go to the Patient Rolodex
- Select Non-Patient Button at the bottom Left and click Add
- Put in ALL necessary data into the Non-Patient tab
- Then select Policies tab
- Select ADD
- Select the Payer the Non-Patient has a policy with and Select OK.
- If the Payer is not present, Select ADD Payer button in the bottom right of the screen, above the Cancel button.
- Add in all necessary, Policy info, for the Non-Patient. (Any area you are unsure of can be left blank and filled in when adding the policy to the patient). Once Completed, select SAVE
- The Policy will now appear in the window when completed, now you can select SAVE
- Support Information -
If you have any questions or need assistance with this process please contact Support by:
Live chat: Click the 'Support Portal' button in your main toolbar (on left-hand side) within the software, click the green 'Support' box in bottom right of screen.
***This has the fastest response time***