Online Scheduling Configuration Set-Up and Link
- Our online scheduling feature allows you to generate a link that is connected to your database. You can take that link and add it to your website or campaigns so, a new and/or existing patient can get scheduled.
- You will be able to allow Existing patients to flow right to the schedule. New Patient appointments and any patient entered without a case created will have to be approved.
- To Get Started, the configuration must take place so the feature is ready to use
- Resource Booking is not required to utilize this feature but, If you would like to set up Resource Booking to restrict the number of appointments allowed in a time frame, please go to the Resource Booking article to walk through how to set up that feature. This feature should be set up before using your online scheduling link in a live setting if you are wanting restrictions on your schedule.
How Online Scheduling displays available appointment times
- First, the online scheduling feature will first grab the providers' hours set up in Admin>Providers>Schedule Tab
- Second, will look to see if a schedule exception has been entered
**NOTE: For a range of days your clinic will be out, a Schedule Exception MUST be placed in for EACH business day you are normally open.
** In the 2023 New Year Update, this has been adjusted. You will no longer need to Place in a Schedule Exception for Each business day you are normally Open. The option to select a range of Days will be Available.
Ex. Normal business hours are M-TH 8am-6pm.
Clinic Closed 5/26-5/30 for Memorial Day weekend
Creating schedule exceptions for each day separately is not needed as you will be provided to create a range of days to block.
- Third, It will look to see if a limitation was entered into Admin>Resource booking.
Step 1: Setting up your Approved Appointment Message Template
This message template is what the patient will receive once their online appointment request has been approved. You will be provided a blank canvas to enter the message of your choice.
If you are allowing Existing patients to come straight to the schedule, they will not receive these messages. They will only receive the natural appointment reminder you have set up in your system.
If you have it selected that ALL requests have to be approved, they will receive the message once the request has been approved by a clinic member.
Go to Admin-->Template for Online Apt
Each area will allow you to place in data inserts for Appointment "Date and Time", "Provider" appointment is scheduled for, "Patients First" Name, a "Reschedule Link", and "Cancel Link".
Email: Create your Subject Line and Message Body. Below you will see a sample message but, please feel free to make it your own.
Text: Create Message Body. Below you will see a sample message but, please feel free to make it your own.
Save once the message area is created.
The reschedule and cancel links sent are different each and every time they are received. This is due to the link having specific data that is tied to the appointment scheduled. If you would like to test a link or your Email/Text template, you must create an appointment for yourself.
Step 2: Creating the configuration settings for Online Link
Go to Admin --> Online Booking Config Settings
Follow the Next 8 Steps
1. Main Title: The main title section allows you to create a customized header for your online scheduling form. Some examples might be Online Scheduling Form, Online Booking Request, Clinic Name etc.
2. Visit Request reason Title: This area tells the patient what to enter in the note field. This area is linked to why the patient wants to come in. This note also creates a clipboard icon attached to the Appointment and Appt Reports.
3. Time Slot Increments: Choose time slot increments the patient should see. This area should match the time increments being used in your appointment book.
4. Auto Schedule Existing patients: The system defaults to all appointments needing to be approved. If you would like to allow for Existing patients (Patients acknowledged in the system) to automatically flow to the appointment, you will need to turn this on.
5. Confirmed Visit Header: You will enter what you would like the patient to see. Some Examples might be "Thank you", "Visit Request Scheduled", "Your appointment request has been sent to the clinic", "Thank you! Your Appointment time has been sent to the clinic" etc.
6. Confirmed Visit Footer: This area will allow you to create an additional message or redirect your patients to your Facebook account, review page, etc. as it will allow you to add a link. If you would like it to say click here, you must place in a partial code or your whole link will display.
Please click <a href="https://www.coactionsoft.com/">here</a> to give us a review
You would mimic the underlined area and where we have it in bold, that is where you would place in the link you are redirecting your patient to. Support can help you with this area if you have trouble.
7. Image: You can leave the displayed default image or change the image to whatever you would like it to be. You can enter a URL for an online image from your website and select update OR click on the image displayed to upload a saved image on your computer.
**DO NOT SELECT COPY ONLINE BOOKING URL TO CLIPBOARD AT THIS POINT**
8. Once All settings are Entered, Hit Save at the bottom right of the screen to lock in changes.
Below you will see 2 images that show where the customization options will present themselves. This is meant to assist by showing exactly where that information will present itself.
Appointment Confirmation Page:
Step 3: To Get URL for Website, Funnels, etc.
Once saved Go back into Admin --> Online Booking Config Settings
Select "Copy Online Booking URL to Clipboard"
Once the link is copied you will post the link where needed. To test, paste the URL into your web browser.
Set up is now complete!!!
To check out our additional article regarding Clinic Management of the Online Scheduling feature, click HERE
To Check out our additional article regarding Patient Utilization of Online Scheduling, click HERE
Article is closed for comments.