Sms Carriers must be attached to the patient's Cellphone number to send reminders.
Go to your patient's area of your software toolbar
Select the patient needed, go to the patient's tab, and select Edit. Once the window is open: Add in patient's cell phone number, Select the carrier associated with their cell number from the drop-down (you will see the cell number plus SMS address listed below) and select SAVE.
When the one needed is not present:
CoAction comes preloaded with Cellphone Carriers to select but, if a patient has a carrier that has not been added to CoAction, this is where the carrier would be added.
Here are the instructions on how to ADD a Cellphone Carrier to CoAction.
1. Go to your ADMIN area of VL
2. Select SMS Carriers button
3. Select ADD under the Carrier List provided.
4. You will need to find out the SMS Carrier Gateway extension for the Carrier you want to add (see below for examples found online)
5. Once you have the Carrier info, select ADD, it will open an area to the Right side of the screen to add in your carrier info. Add in the Info needed and select Save
(Straight Talk info is (@VTEXT.COM)
6. Once Saved, You will see your carrier added to the list
7. To test, go back to the patient's file and make sure it's listed within the drop-down and apply :)
Here are a few carriers with the email to text address, as an example.
Carrier SMS Email Address
Straight Talk @VTEXT.COM
i Wireless @iwspcs.net
Republic Wireless @text.republicwireless.com
Consumer Cellular @cingularme.com
Bluegrass Cellular @sms.bluecell.com