When performing functions within the software, you may see an "Out of Memory" error in the form of an unhandled exception or Red pop up across the top of the screen. This error is displaying because the pc is telling our software that the task the user is trying to perform, is exceeding the amount of space on the pc.
To correct this, there are some steps you will want to follow.
1. Check your PC and the Server Pc to see how much space is available on the PC.
- If you have ample space such as in the image below, move to the next step.
- If not, contact your IT person to increase the memory or replace the PC.
- If the server computer happens to be out of space and needs to be replaced, replace the PC and contact support to schedule a time to perform a server transfer.
2. If ALL pcs, have adequate storage available, you will need to follow these steps:
- shut down all computers in the office (including server)
- shut down the internet modem and router
- Once everything has been shut down, start up the internet modem and router.
- After that, start up the server
- Once the server has been started, you can start up all client computers
3. If you are still getting the same error after the full system reboot - You will need to check with your IT person to determine why the PC is sending a signal that the PC is out of memory.
Article is closed for comments.