Differences between the Appointment and Provider Dashboard
The Appointment Dashboard is designed for the front desk to easily track the flow of patients in the office from start to finish. The goal is to get all scheduled appointments to the completed column in a timely manner. All actions are tracked within the Average Visit Time Report.
The Provider Dashboard is designed for the provider to easily see the patients that have arrived, who are waiting, who are currently being treated, and in which room. The provider can open an appointment multiple times and save changes, but cannot check out patients. Once the patient is checked out from the Appointment Dashboard by the front desk, the patient will be removed from the Provider Dashboard.
The Provider Dashboard also has the ability to search Flagged appointments that were scheduled with a certain provider, in a date range. If your office is not currently using flags, flags can be placed on appointments to indicate certain data is missing. To see information on how to use the Flags in an appointment, click HERE.
- How patient flow works within Appointment Dashboard and Provider Dashboard -
- As the front desk checks in patients and the appointments are moved from Scheduled to Arrived/Waiting, and Checked In/Being Treated, the system reflects those changes in real-time on the Provider's Dashboard.
- The appointment can be moved to 'Arrived/Waiting' and then to 'Being Treated' by both the Appointment and Provider's Dashboard.
- In the Provider Dashboard, the appointment can be opened as many times as necessary to edit charges and notes. The provider only has the option to either Save or take Payment.
- Once the patient is in the Being Treated column, the appointment will display in black font. After the provider clicks Save or take a Payment, the appointment will then turn blue in the Appointment Dashboard to notify the front desk that the provider has closed out of the appointment and can now check out the patient.
- When the front desk double clicks the appointment to open it, they then have the option to click Check Out or to take Payment as well.
- After the patient is checked out, they will disappear from the 'Being Treated' column in the Provider's Dashboard, and then it will show up under the 'Completed' column in the Appointment Dashboard.
- CoAction Support Information -
If you have any questions or need assistance with this process please contact CoAction Support by:
Live chat: Click the 'Support Portal' button in your main toolbar (on left-hand side) within CoAction, click the green 'Support' box in bottom right of screen.***This has the fastest response time***