Appointment Reminder Setup for Pillow Patients
This feature allows BDC clinics to send multiple Text/Email Appointment Reminders to their Pillow patients.
In the Appointment Reminders area of Admin, you will see an additional tab labeled "Pillow Reminders" to set up the template and times for these pillow appointment reminders.
The system will send this special reminder to anyone scheduled for a "Pillow" Appt.
For the system to recognize these special appts. "Pillow" will need to be in the Reason of Visit used to schedule the appt.
The software only sends reminders based on scheduled appointments or missed appointments.
How To Make Changes To Appointment Reminders Area
Select Pillow Reminders Tab
Selecting who will receive reminders:
Whatever option you choose here, will apply for all appointment reminders of that type (either text or email). For example, if you have 3 email reminders and you select 'send to all patients' option for your email reminders, then all 3 email reminders would go out to all patients.
- 'All patients before their appointments' option - This will send to all patient's who have a scheduled appointment. Regardless of whether or not the patient has been opted in to receive reminders in their file > case tab.
- 'Only to patients I select' option - This will only send appointment reminders to patients who have been opted in for them, in their file > case tab.
- 'Disable these reminders' option - This will stop all reminders of this type (either text or email depending on where you choose this option)
Setting Up Reminders
- To create a pillow reminder, select ADD
- Enter your Subject, message, and time of that particular reminder. (For text messages, the patient would not see the Subject, that is just what will display in your message queue for you to know what type of communication was sent)
- You will set the number of hours before the appointment, that you want for this reminder to go out. In this example, this appt reminder will go out 2 hours before the appt.
- Whenever editing the message or the reminder, you can select the Date/Time, Provider, or Patient First name replacement tags. This will auto place in these data fields for you whenever the message is sent. For additional data insert options, you can right-click within the Message Template Area and this list will appear:
When you are done editing and setting a time, click Save to save the changes to this reminder.
Edit or Delete Reminders
- To Edit a new reminder you would select the Edit button at the bottom of the area that you want to add a new reminder too (email, text, or late appt text)
- Then follow steps 1-5 in the previous paragraph to edit it
- To delete a reminder you would select a reminder to highlight it blue then click the Delete button at the bottom of the box.
Please keep in mind:
If you are using Email and Text reminders, you have to make sure the patient's email and cell number are placed in the patient's file, under the patient's info tab.
If you select the option to send reminders to "only patients I select" You will have to opt the patient in to receive reminders by going to the patient's file>Case Tab>Edit> Select Email and/or Text Messages for them to receive reminders.
If you select the option 'Text all patients before their appointments' then you do not have to opt the patient in, within their file > case tab.
You are all set!
- Support Information -
If you have any questions or need assistance with this process, please contact Support by:
Live chat: Click the 'Support Portal' button in your main toolbar (on left-hand side) within the software, click the green 'Support' box in bottom right of screen. Hours of operation are M-F 8am-6pm CST.
***This has the fastest response time***